Brand: Life Extension
B6 100 capsules 250 milligrams
Out of Stock
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Vitamin B6, or pyridoxine, is an important component of the coenzyme PLP, which metabolizes amino acids.212 Because of its amino acid transfer ability, the body can produce nonessential amino acids from available amino groups, as well as metabolize protein and urea. Vitamin B6 is essential because of its participation in more than 100 enzymatic reactions, including protein metabolism, conversion of tryptophan to niacin, and neurotransmitter function, among others.213
Found in foods such as eggs, brewer's yeast, carrots, chicken, fish, brown rice, whole grains, and cabbage,214 vitamin B6 along with B12 and folic acid, plays a beneficial role in maintaining normal homocysteine levels.215-218*
Serving Size 1 capsule
Servings Per Container 100
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCI)
Other ingredients: rice flour, flour gelatin, magnesium stearate.
Contains rice. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or corn. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Serving Size and Use
- Take one capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Some people have reported temporary symptoms of peripheral neuropathy (tingling, numbness sensation, decreased sensation to touch or balance difficulties) when taking vitamin B6 in doses above 300 mg daily, especially if the nutrient is taken without other B complex vitamins. This vitamin should not be taken without co-ingestion of equivalent doses of other B-complex vitamins.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.
- When using nutritional supplements, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.