Brand: Life Extension
Vitamin D3 250 capsules 1000 i.u.
Out of Stock
Manufacturer: Life Extension
Vitamin D is necessary for utilization of calcium and phosphorus and in many ways acts as a hormone.78-80 The two most important forms of vitamin D are cholecalciferol (D3), which is derived from our own cholesterol, a plant analogue derived from the diet. The cholecalciferol supplied by the Life Extension Buyers Club is synthetic, but its form is identical to that which is derived from cholesterol and synthesized by sunlight on the skin. Cholecalciferol Vitamin D is essential for bone growth and maintenance of bone density.81-84*
A dietary deficiency of vitamin D inhibits the production of the protein that binds calcium in the intestines, so that calcium cannot be absorbed, even if there is adequate intake. Deficiencies of vitamin D are often found in the elderly and in women who have low intake of milk and receive inadequate exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D is potent in minute quantities, one microgram of cholecalciferol has 40 IU of vitamin D activity.80,85,86
Serving Size 1 capsule
Servings Per Container 250
Amount Per Serving
Other ingredients: rice flour, sucrose, dL-alpha tocopherol, corn starch, gelatin, water.
Contains soybeans. Contains corn and rice. This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, or gluten. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Serving Size and Use
- Take one capsule daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product is best utilized when taken in divided doses with fat-containing, low fiber meals.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not exceed recommended dose.
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- If you have a bad reaction to product discontinue use immediately.
- When using nutritional supplements, please inform your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.