HistDAO is a patented formula that supports the healthy degradation of histamines (those derived from food) in the lower intestines. Considering that an increasing number of patients face digestive problems that are triggered by histamine, HistDAO is a valuable ally in the reduction of discomfort without causing other health problems. Also, the fact that the formula comes with zero systemic effects does not push the already imbalanced body to suffer more of its functions not working optimally.
How HistDAO Works
Digestive issues increase at an alarming rate, making eating foods that release histamines a struggle accompanied by pain and discomfort. Histamine is a bioactive amine produced by the immune system that helps the body get rid of an allergy trigger (aka allergen) such as pollen, dust or pet dander or whatever it is that may be interfering with the body’s overall health.
When an allergen is detected, the body initiates a process that hustles the allergens off of the skin or out of the body. First, it sends a signal to the mast cells (the histamine depository) of the blood, mouth, nose, gut, lungs, and skin that “orders” the release of histamines. Then, the histamines boost the blood flow in the area affected by the allergen causing inflammation, which, in turns, informs immune system chemicals to start the repair process. Depending on which area was challenged, the histamines may, for example, trigger the production of more mucus (if the nose was the receptor of the allergen attack), leading to a stuffy or runny nose and lots of sneezing or even make you cough (the mucus may also bother the throat). Likewise, your eyes could itch or feel that you need to scratch some areas of the skin non-stop. All that takes place so that the allergen can be removed effectively.
Although the production of histamines is the body’s way to keep you safe, the overreaction eventually gives you allergy symptoms that can only be stopped with the use of an antihistamine.
Histamine is also involved in the:
- Normal response to inflammation.
- Contraction of muscles.
- Permeability of blood vessels.
- Regulation of gastric acid - no wonder, as the majority of histamine is found in the GI tract, skin, and lungs.
Histamine is also present in some foods (fermented and aged), such as alcoholic beverages, yogurt, cheese, sausage, sauerkraut, citrus fruits, cherries, tomatoes, avocados, eggplant, olives, tuna, and spinach.
There are also benzoate-rich foods that can also stimulate the production of the amine, even though they do not contain histamine (see spices, tea, and berries). It should also be noted that the histamine content of high-protein foods can increase over time due to microbial fermentation. So, when an individual consumes or drinks something that contains an allergen (i.e., nuts or shellfish), they get a food allergy as the gut triggers an allergic reaction.
The HistDAO enzyme formula contains diamine oxidase (DAO), which is the primary enzyme assigned the degradation of ingested histamine from foods such as red wine, tomatoes, aged cheese, and tuna. DAO has been clinically tested and was found particularly effective in breaking down food-derived histamine in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.
Pig Kidney Extract (providing 20,000 HDU diamine oxidase (DAO))
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl cellulose, coating (ethylcellulose, sodium alginate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, medium-chain triglycerides, stearic acid, oleic acid, and microcrystalline cellulose), sodium starch glycolate, and magnesium stearate.
- HistDAO is not effective for symptoms deriving from food allergies triggered by the immune (i.e., shellfish, peanuts, etc.) or gluten intolerance caused by celiac disease or sensitivity.
- Take one tablet no more than 15 minutes before the consumption of histamine-rich foods, or take as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Consult your healthcare professional prior to use. Individuals taking medication should discuss potential interactions with their healthcare professional. Avoid if allergic to pork or any other ingredient. HistDAO is NOT EFFECTIVE for symptoms of immune-related food allergies, such as peanuts, shellfish, etc., or for gluten intolerance due to sensitivity or celiac disease.
- Always consult your physician before taking a nutritional/dietary supplement, especially if taking medications or are pregnant/nursing.
- The formula is lactose- and gluten-free. It does not contain artificial colors, egg, nuts, tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish, fish, dairy products, soy, yeast or wheat.
- Avoid taking the product if you are allergic to pork or any other compound.
- Keep stored in a dry, cool place.
About the Manufacturer
XYMOGEN is a family-owned private company that manufactures superior quality dietary supplements provided exclusively to healthcare practitioners for nearly 30 years. The nutraceutical corporation owns a massive, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and has branches in Australia and Canada too. Over time, they have introduced several innovations to the functional medicine community, among which is the Medical Board of Advisors, which comprises of a team of clinical practitioners from a broad spectrum of specialties.