Gaia Herbs Professional
Brand: Integrative Therapeutics
HPA Adapt 120 veggie capsules
About HPA Adapt
HPA Adapt combines five powerful adaptogenic herbs, including Rhodiola, Ashwagandha, Eleuthero, Maca, and Holy Basil, to maintain a healthy stress response. The ingredients support stress hormone balance via the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis.
HPA Adapt - Supporting Stress Hormone Balance via the HPA Axis with Adaptogenic Herbs*
The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis, or HPA axis, is the central part of the stress response system. It involves a complex set of interactions and feedback loops between the hypothalamus, the pituitary, and the adrenal glands. The HPA axis also plays a role in the regulation of other systems of the body, including the gastrointestinal, neurological, and immune systems. Therefore, supporting optimal HPA axis function is important to maintaining overall health and wellness.
- Is a non-stimulant formula.
- Reduces mental stress and fatigue.*
- Improves mood and calms occasional anxiety.*
- Supports cognitive function.*
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb historically used in Ayurveda to enhance well-being, support restful sleep, and reduce occasional anxiety.*4 A double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial (N =39) evaluated the adaptogenic effects of ashwagandha. Compared to placebo, the extract exerted an anti-fatigue effect that increased mental performance, particularly the ability to concentrate, and decreased cortisol response to stress in people with burnout.
- Eleuthero is an adaptogenic herb that helps reduce fatigue, supports attention and cognition, and helps the body cope during periods of stress.*6 Animal research has shown that eleuthero supports healthy cortisol production under stress, though this has not yet been demonstrated in human clinical trials.*
- A member of the mint family, holy basil enhances the body's natural response to physical and emotional stress.* Compounds isolated from the herb’s leaves were shown to normalize plasma cortisol levels in an animal model.*9 Another animal study found that extracts of holy basil decreased serum concentrations of cortisol.*10 A clinical trial with 35 subjects demonstrated a decrease in stress and occasional anxiety after 60 days of supplementation with holy basil.* The participants also showed improved attention and an increased ability to adapt to change.*11
- Preliminary human research suggests that maca may have a positive influence on mood, feelings of occasional anxiety, and libido.*12-14 Although it has not been demonstrated in human clinical studies, animal research has also documented a positive effect of maca on cognitive function and occasional fatigue.*15,16 Various extracts of
- Various extracts of Rhodiola have been shown in human clinical studies to reduce fatigue, while improving mood, attention, and healthy cognitive function, particularly during times of stress.*17–23 Possible mechanism of actions include interaction with the HPA-axis, protein kinases p-JNK, nitric oxide, and defense mechanism proteins.*23 A systematic review of 11 randomized clinical trials concluded that rhodiola may have beneficial effects on physical and mental performance.*21 Another preliminary human study suggests that rhodiola supports the body’s response to physical exercise and may improve recovery.*22
Take 2 to 4 capsules daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
|Serving Size: 4 Veg Capsules||Amount/Serving||%DV|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g||1%†|
|Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) Root Extract standardized to contain 3% rosavins and 1% salidroside||400 mg||**|
|Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) (Sensoril® brand) Root and Leaf Extract||300 mg||**|
|Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) Root Extract||300 mg||**|
|Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) Leaf Extract standardized to contain 2.5% triterpenoic acids including ursolic and oleanolic acids||200 mg||**|
|MacaPure™ brand Maca (Lepidium meyenii) Root Extract standardized to contain 0.6% macaenes and macamides||150 mg||**|
† Based on 2000 calorie diet
vegetable capsule (modified cellulose), ascorbyl palmitate, cellulose, and silicon dioxide.
HPA Adapt™ Does Not Contain
- artificial coloring
- artificial flavoring
- dairy products
- ingredients of animal origin
Caution: Do not use if pregnant. If nursing consult your healthcare professional prior to use.
Sensoril® is a trademark of Natreon, Inc. and is protected under U.S. Patents 6,153,198 & 7,318,938.
MacaPure™ is a registered trademark of Naturex, Inc.
About the Manufacturer
Integrative Therapeutics is a nutritional supplements manufacturer that has been providing healthcare professional with highly researched, innovative products for more than 15 years. The company has a product line that exceeds 300 formulas which blend the best of nutritional science and ingredients; formulas that have been used for thousands of years to treat from basic nutrition to more serious health conditions. With exceptional attention to detail, they monitor every stage of the manufacturing process, from the selection of the raw ingredients to the final product testing that takes place at their GMP and NSF-certified facilities.
Apart from Cortisol Manager, other top-rated products are GI-supporting Similase GFCF, Zinc Carnosine, Theracurmin, for a stronger immune system, and Cortisol Manager to help promote healthy adrenal function.