Relora is a dietary supplement of the Pure Encapsulation Botanicals line that is made with vegan, hypoallergenic ingredients. The plant-based formula has been specifically designed to help the body manage moderate occasional stress while allowing the central nervous system to relax. On top of everything else, Relora reduces stress-induced sugary cravings and fosters emotional well-being in an effort to promote a healthier lifestyle that involves healthier eating habits, especially when combined with exercise and a healthy diet.
How Relora Works
Relora is a proprietary blend of Phellodendron amurense and Magnolia officinalis. This natural, synergistic combination of extracts contributes to the moderation of occasional stress and promotes a positive mood at the same time. Specifically, Relora:
- Helps combat carbohydrate cravings – The botanical fractions included in the formula affect the primary central nervous system receptors (i.e., serotonin transporter and GABA) and help fight food cravings related to emotional reasons. As a result, the individual feels relaxed and sated. It has also been shown that Relora can help reduce sugary snack cravings associated with stress and encourage the adoption of healthy eating habits. Besides, a recent study suggests that both phellodendron and magnolia can foster the normal production of DHEA and cortisol and help maintain healthy metabolism. All these combined support the healthy distribution of body fat.
- Encourages stress moderation – A pilot clinical trial has concluded that Relora can help promote muscle relaxation and bring the body to a relaxed mode without causing sedation.
- Fosters emotional well-being – Follow-up studies reveal that Relora can have a positive effect on creating positive mood; hence supporting emotional well-being.
All About Stress Eating
Common everyday life stress can lead to a condition called stress eating, which is another term for overeating. This happens because stress releases a specific set of hormones in the body, which makes us prone towards eating sugary foods. A survey conducted by the American Psychological Association found that about 25% of Americans feel that their stress level is quite high (rated as an 8 on a 10-point scale) – researchers have found that stress and weight gain are closely related.
Here is the interesting part, though. At times of excessive stress, the nervous system initiates a cascade of actions that actually put eating on hold. So, our appetite is shut down for as long as the body is in a fight-or-flight response. Things change dramatically, then stress persists. Then, the adrenal glands release cortisol, another hormone that increases appetite. Therefore, if it takes us too long to get over a stressful episode, our cortisol levels do not fall, which means that we continuously want to eat even without being really hungry.
Numerous studies have shown that emotional or physical distress boosts the intake of high-fat or high-sugar (or both) foods. As a result, we seek “comfort” foods to counteract stress. But, all that aside, stress is also related to other factors that can contribute to gaining weight. For example, people with stress often drink more alcohol, exercise less, and lose sleep; all of which can lead to excess pounds.
Another study shows that stress can lead to weight gain only in people that are already overweight. This is attributed to the fact that overweight individuals have increased insulin (blood sugar) levels. With the presence of high insulin, it is more likely to gain stress-related weight, research reveals. Now, when it comes to just how much stress-induced cortisol production it takes to affect the weight gain-stress equation, researchers say that people with high cortisol levels are more likely to turn to snacks after a stress episode compared to those with low cortisol levels.
The formula contains a proprietary blend of:
Magnolia officinalis (bark extract) – It is used for digestion problems, weight loss, anxiety, depression, stress, inflammation, fever, asthma, stroke, headache, stuffy nose, sinus pain, common cold and more. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, magnolia is used to reduce nervous tension and enhance sleep.
Also, Relora includes Vitamin C, which is derived from palm oil and corn dextrose fermentation.
Other ingredients: Vegetable source (magnesium stearate), cellulose capsule (Hypromellose), and rice flour.
- The recommended dosage is 1 capsule up to three times a day.
- Store in a dry and cool place after you open the product.
- The formula does NOT contain tree nut, shellfish, fish, egg, milk, soy, gluten, wheat, or yeast.
- Relora is manufactured in a GMP-compliant facility that processes other compounds which may contain the allergens mentioned above.
- The product is formulated for adults.
- Do NOT take if nursing or pregnant or currently on medications/medical treatment.
- Always consult your healthcare practitioner before the use of any nutritional supplement.
About Pure Encapsulations
Pure Encapsulations is a family-owned manufacturer of nutritional supplements that. Has been providing the US market with supreme quality formulas since 1968. Among their top-rated products are B-Complex Plus, which helps support the normal nervous, vascular, and cardiovascular function, Magnesium (Glycinate) that foster the normal bone function and energy production, health-promoting B12 Folate, liver detoxification and antioxidant protection-fostering DIM Detox, and Muscle Cramp/Tension Formula that fosters normal muscle, bone, and nervous system function.