Brand: TCMzone Singles
Dang Gui 100 grams
Dang Gui Granules, 100g Bottle
Brand: TCM Zone Single Herb Granules in Bottles
English name: Tangkuei; Chinese Angelica Root
Chinese name: Dang Gui Pian (high grade)
Unit Size: 100g Bottle
Potency: 5:1 extract granules
Taste: Sweet; Acrid - Bensky
Properties: Warm - Bensky
Contraindications: Contraindicated in those with diarrhea or abdominal fullness due to abundant dampness. - Bensky
Chinese Symptomology: Blood deficiency; Pallid, ashen complexion; Lusterless nails; tinnitus; blurred vision; palpitations; irregular menstruation; amenorrhea; dysmenorrhea; Pain due to blood stasis; abdominal pain; Pain from traumatic injury; Carbuncles due to blood stasis; Constipation; Sores; Abscess; Cough (weak effect, used adjuctively for this symptom) - Bensky
Actions: Tonifies the blood and regulates the menses; Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold; Moistens the Intestines and unblocks the bowels; Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh, and alleviates pain; Treats cough - Bensky
Pattern: Blood deficiency, especially affecting the Heart and Liver; Blood deficiency associated with menstrual disorders; Blood stasis; Postpartum syndrome - Bensky
Branch: Heart; Liver: Spleen
Dang Gui - Angelicae sinensis Radix
Excerpted from Bensky: Chinese Herbal Medicine Materia Medica, 3rd ed.
- Tonifies the blood and regulates the menses: for patterns of blood deficiency, especially when affecting the Heart and Liver, with such symptoms as a pallid, ashen complexion, lusterless nails, tinnitus, blurred vision, and palpitations. Also very commonly used for blood deficiency associated with such menstrual disorders as irregular menstruation, amenorrhea, and dysmenorrhea.
- Invigorates and harmonizes the blood and disperses cold: an important herb for stopping pain due to blood stasis. Commonly used for abdominal pain, traumatic injury, and carbuncles due to blood stasis, especially when accompanied by cold from deficiency. This is an important herb in the postpartum period, and even during pregnancy if used with caution. Also used in the treatment of blood deficiency with chronic wind-damp painful obstruction.
- Moistens the Intestines and unblocks the bowels: for dry Intestines due to blood deficiency.
- Reduces swelling, expels pus, generates flesh, and alleviates pain: used in treating sores and abscesses where its ability to both tonify and invigorate the blood leads to improvement. Also used topically for this purpose.
- Treats coughs: this usage is derived from the source text. Because this effect is weak, it is used as an adjunctive herb for this symptom.
Note: TCMZone products are intended to be used by those who are under the care and supervision of a LICENSED health care professional.