Priority One Vitamins
About Calm G
Calm G is an advanced calming formula used to inhibit glutamate activity. Calm G is a calming product recommended for people with urges and compulsiveness. Calm G contains a blend of ingredients important for regulating stress-reduction, metabolic health, and mitochondrial function*
Calm G addresses neuroimmune function:
- Help regulate glutamate activity
- Stress and anxiousness reduction
- Supports metabolic health
- Supports mitochondrial function
How it works
Calm G supports normal neurotransmitter and brain function by modulating glutamate signaling and addressing oxidative stress. In addition, this formula supports cellular energy.
What is glutamate?
Glutamate is one of the primary stimulating neurotransmitters in the brain. When levels of glutamate are high this can cause excess neuronal stimulation which results in excitotoxicity or neuronal death. L-theanine, an ingredient in Calm G helps to protect against excitotoxicity by blocking the glutamate receptors.
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine: Precursor to L-cysteine, which is required for the synthesis of glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant important for mediating oxidative stress (1,2).* L-cysteine modulates glutamate activity through activation of cystine/glutamate antiporters (3).
- L-theanine: Amino acid that acts as a glutamate receptor antagonist (4).* Glutamatergic signaling underlies mechanisms related to anxiousness and stress (5). In a double-blind, placebo-controlled study, L-theanine was shown to significantly reduce stress (6).*
- Alpha-lipoic acid: Antioxidant that is able to regenerate endogenous antioxidants and scavenge metal ions and free radicals (7).* Evidence suggests the insulin-signaling pathway is sensitive to redox status (7). Alpha-lipoic acid can influence the redox status in cells important for the translocation of glucose transporters and increasing glucose uptake (7).*
- Coenzyme Q10: Compound found in nearly every human cell that is essential for mitochondrial function and antioxidant protection (8).*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Rushworth G and Megson I. Pharmacol Ther. 2014;141(2):150-9.
2. Schmitt B, et al. Redox Biol. 2015;6:198-205.
3. Berk M, et al. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2013;34(3):167-77.
4. Kakuda T, et al. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2002;66(12):2683-6.
5. Bermudo-Soriano C, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;100(4):752-74.
6. Kimura K, et al. Biol Psychol. 2007;74(1):39-45.
7. Rochette L, et al. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;93(12):1021-7.
8. Garrido-Maraver J, et al. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2014;19:619-33.
Calm G Serving Size
Take 1-2 capsules three to four times daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Calm G Ingredients
Amount per serving Folate….. 150 mcg (from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt**) Selenium….. 70 mcg (as L-selenomethionine) Proprietary Blend….. 1.1 g N-acetyl-L-cysteine, L-theanine, Alpha-lipoic acid, and Coenzyme Q10 **This product uses Gnosis S.p.A's (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, glucosamine salt (Quatrefolic®) and is protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,947,662. Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A., Milan, Italy. Microcrystalline cellulose,
Vegetable capsule (Hypromellose, water), and Magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your healthcare provider before use.
Calm G Side Effects
Consult your healthcare provider.
About the Manufacturer
NeuroScience is a top privately-owned company that manufactures professional grade dietary supplements and proprietary blends of amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and botanicals delivered exclusively to licensed healthcare providers. Their products are designed to provide precursors for neurotransmitters. Aiming to help maintain health by enabling the cooperation between the immune, endocrine, and nervous systems, they have formulated a series of holistic products with blended compounds as a means to offer enhanced support to patients; support that could not be achieved by taking the individual ingredients alone.